Full-Time Senior Test Manager
The Patch Management Testing effort was initiated by Information Security and Infrastructure Services back in 2013. The objective was to verify that a set of Microsoft patches applied to end-user machines do not adversely impact on the top 10 Eskom applications.
The testing effort was only focused on the Microsoft Patches (Security and Non-Security) deployed to the end-user machines across the estate. The server patches were out of scope for the testing effort.
The Information Security team, within the IM Infrastructure department is requesting TCoE (Project Delivery) to provide a similar testing service for Patch Management. The proposed solution is to provide a full testing with an objective to verify that a set of Microsoft patches applied to end-user machines do not adversely impact on the top 10 Eskom applications.
Prepare test initiative estimates
• Provides Application Owners’ with Testing WBS
• Determine all testing environment requirements and tools needed
• Review the development process to ensure that defect tracking (identification, fixing, re-testing and migration of defects) is properly addressed; manage defect coordination meetings
• Collect and report test status, progress, quality and test metrics; ensure that all testing results are easily accessible and understandable
• Ensure that the team follows the testing standards, guidelines, and testing methodology as specified in the Testing Handbook, Test Strategy and Test Plan
• Conduct test gating (stage containment) reviews prior to test execution and after test execution to ensure that the entry and exit criteria are assessed and reported
• Participate in quality management reviews to ensure adherence to all quality management plans and standards
• Manage risk and issues associated with test effort.
• Liaison for interdepartmental interactions: Representative of the testing team
• Customer interaction, if applicable
• Test budgeting and scheduling, including test-effort estimations.
• Test planning, including development of testing goals and strategy
• Cohesive integration of test and development activities
• Acquisition of hardware and software for test environment
• Test-program oversight and progress tracking
• Use of metrics to support continual test-process improvement
• Test-process definition, training and continual improvement
• Coordinating pre- and post-test meetings
• Understand application functionalities
• Implement governance and reporting processes
• Implement standard processes, methodologies and tools
• Be the primary contact and escalation point for the whole program (From a testing Perspective.)
• Perform all patch management testing activities – resource management, monitor and control patch testing initiative, manage risks and issues, manage quality.
• Develop/assist in test strategy, test planning activities
• Perform Demand management
• Responsible for managing the overall testing effort and deliverables
• Responsible for skill development, enhancement and assessment for the team
• Define and facilitate formal sign-off process and procedures for testing deliverables
• Validate that solutions due to be released meet quality, performance, architectural and functional requirements and are fit for business purpose
• Validate that all test effort are effectively planned, monitored and executed and that core activities required by the Testing Framework are completed in a structured, consistent manner
Job RequirementsThree year qualification or 5-7 years Test Management experience 8 – 10 years IT experience 5 – 7 years HPQC Experience Previous Eskom testing experience Patch Management Testing knowledge
188 total views, 1 today