Contract Heavy Duty Truck Drivers (New Zealand)
Responsible for transporting goods from one place to another using heavy or tractor-trailer trucks Operates trucks with a capacity of at least 26,001 pounds per gross vehicle weight Transport of goods and materials whilst maintaining safety at all times
Deliver goods via a heavy truck, sometimes over intercity routes or spanning several states.
• Load and unload cargo.
• Record amount and type of cargo being delivered.
• Take orders for new delivers.
• Drive long distances.
• Fill up on fuel, clean truck, and wash windows.
• Report to a dispatcher any incidents encountered on the road.
• Monitor road conditions and watch for traffic congestion.
• Follow all applicable traffic laws.
• Inspect their trailer before and after the trip, and record any defects they find.
• Follow accident procedures if an accident occurs.
• Keep a log of their activities.
• Report serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
• Keep their truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order.
• Plan routes using maps or satellite tracking.
• Get goods to client on time.
• Take rest periods during trip.
• Transport hazardous materials.
• Take special precautions while driving.
• Buy or lease trucks from other companies.
• Find and keep clients
Job Requirements• Grade 12 • Valid and Un-Endorsed code 14 Driver’s License • Valid Public Drivers Permit (PDP) • Truck mounted crane code 32 certificate • Must be willing to work overseas Experience: • 2 Years related experience on inter-ink or abnormal interrupter • 2 Years experience on other vehicles Knowledge: • Occupational Health and Safety: Alcohol/Drug Abuse • Mechanical Aptitude • Hand and Feet Co-Ordination • identifying Hazardous Conditions and Situations • Reading and Interpreting Crane Hand Signals • Road Traffic Act: Reckless Driving, Speed, Driving under the Influence • Quality and Safety • Knowledge of Safety Systems • Operating Specialized Designed Trailer Attributes: • Able to work long hours • Stress Tolerance • Team Work CV accompanied by your Photo. CVs without a photo will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, please note that if you have had no response to your application in two weeks, consider your application unsuccessful
363 total views, 2 today