Contract Heavy Duty Truck Drivers (New Zealand)
Responsible for transporting goods from one place to another using heavy or tractor-trailer trucks Operates trucks with a capacity of at least 26,001 pounds per gross vehicle weight Transport of goods and materials whilst maintaining safety at all times
Deliver goods via a heavy truck, sometimes over intercity routes or spanning several states.
• Load and unload cargo.
• Record amount and type of cargo being delivered.
• Take orders for new delivers.
• Drive long distances.
• Fill up on fuel, clean truck, and wash windows.
• Report to a dispatcher any incidents encountered on the road.
• Monitor road conditions and watch for traffic congestion.
• Follow all applicable traffic laws.
• Inspect their trailer before and after the trip, and record any defects they find.
• Follow accident procedures if an accident occurs.
• Keep a log of their activities.
• Report serious mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
• Keep their truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order.
• Plan routes using maps or satellite tracking.
• Get goods to client on time.
• Take rest periods during trip.
• Transport hazardous materials.
• Take special precautions while driving.
• Buy or lease trucks from other companies.
• Find and keep clients
878 total views, 2 today